Certain users have access to special tools and functions on this wiki that allow them to do things other users cannot due to being promoted to administrative status. These users are known as Administrators. While most functions are available to all contributors of the site, there's certain things that only specific users can do, for example, modifying the theme, page deletion, promoting other users etc.
Administrative Powers Edit
- Access to Wiki Features, this permits admins to see features they can be enabled (or disabled) on the wiki, including chat, forum, message walls and article comments.
- Customizing the community's design. An admin can access this by visiting the Theme Designer, where he/she can add color and style to the background, while also adding a wordmark for the site.
- Customize the mobile home page and convert infoboxes to the new portable infobox format for visitors on mobile devices.
- Look through the various useful reports available at Special:Insights, including popular pages, uncategorized pages, pages without images and wanted pages for ideas on ways to improve your community.
- Deleting and restoring pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking articles in effort to prevent disruptive editing and-or vandalism, as well as unlocking a page, so that all users can contribute to it.
- Block IP addresses and-or users from editing; this is typically done when a user has been accused of "trolling" or vandalising an article.
Bureaucratic Powers Edit
A Bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on the wiki which they lead. They also have the power to Promote users to higher statuses such as "Rollback", "Chat Moderator", "Discussion Moderator" etc
However, once a user has become a bureaucrat, this power cannot be taken away from them by anyone on the wiki, not even a fellow bureaucrat. This can only be done by staff.
Becoming an Administrator Edit
In order for a user to become an administrator, someone with bureaucratic rights must bestow that position upon said user. As of right now. If the time ever comes that a new admin is needed, one will carefully be chosen.
If there are no active bureaucrats/Administrators, you can adopt the wiki, to do so, contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on a blog of who should become an admin.
How to Use Administrator Powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.