About The Show Edit
Family adventure series THE GIFTED, from 20th Century FOX Television in association with Marvel Television, tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive. Written by Matt Nix (APB, “Burn Notice”), directed by Bryan Singer (the “X-Men” franchise”) and executive-produced by Nix, Singer, Lauren Shuler (“X-Men: Apocalypse,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “The Wolverine”), Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Apocalypse,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”), Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”) and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”), the series stars Stephen Moyer (SHOTS FIRED), Amy Acker (“Person of Interest”), Sean Teale (“Reign”), Jamie Chung (GOTHAM), Coby Bell (“Burn Notice”), Emma Dumont (“Aquarius”), Blair Redford (“Satisfaction”), Natalie Alyn Lind (GOTHAM) and Percy Hynes White (“Night at the Museum 3”).
Main Cast Edit
- Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker
- Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker
- Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker
- Blair Redford as John Proudstar/Thunderbird
- Jamie Chung as Clarice Fong/Blink
- Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz/Eclipse
- Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris
- Coby Bell as Jace Turner
- Prior to the series being picked up, Singer stated that a 10-13 episode count should be expected. Also, that the series will feature familiar characters as it's connected to the larger X-Men universe.
- On January 24, 2017, The Gifted received a pilot order.
- Following it's pilot order, Bryan Singer was announced as the director.
- Filming for the pilot began on March 13 2017, in Dallas, Texas.
- The Sentinels will be a part of the series following their appearance in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". 
- On February 9, 2017, Blair Redford was cast as Sam.
- On February 22, 2017, Jamie Chung was cast as Clarice Fong/Blink.
- On February 27, 2017, Stephen Moyer was cast as Reed Strucker.
- On February 28, 2017, Sean Teale was cast as Marcos Diaz/Eclipse.
- On March 1, 2017, Natalie Alyn Lind was cast as Lauren Stewart.
- On March 2, 2017, Amy Acker was cast as Kate Stewart, Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris, and Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker.
- On March 7, 2017, Cody Bell was cast as Jace Turner.
- On March 10, 2017, executive producer, Lauren Shuler Donner tweeted a photo of the cast reading, in which Donner referred to the series as the title, Gifted. It was clarified to be a temporary title for the series.
- On May 9, 2017, FOX announced that they had picked up The Gifted.
- On July 21, 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con, Matt Nix revealed that The Gifted exists in one of the many timelines created after the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past. As a result, it will not crossover with the X-Men film series or the other X-Men television adaptation, Legion. 
- ↑ Matt Nix Offers 7 Things to Know About Fox's Hot 'X-Men' Drama
- ↑ X-Men Marvel Drama Gets Fox Pilot Order
- ↑ Bryan Singer To Direct Fox’s X-Men-Themed Marvel Drama Pilot
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 X-Men TV Pilot Sets Filming Start Date
- ↑ Fox’s Marvel series casts its first mutant
- ↑ Jamie Chung to Play Blink in Fox’s Marvel Pilot From Bryan Singer
- ↑ Stephen Moyer to Star in Fox Marvel Drama
- ↑ Sean Teale To Co-Star In Fox Marvel Pilot As Newly Created Mutant Character
- ↑ Natalie Alyn Lind Cast In Fox’s Marvel Pilot
- ↑ Amy Acker Set as Female Lead in Fox's Marvel Drama (Exclusive)
- ↑ Coby Bell To Co-Star In Fox Marvel Pilot
- ↑ ‘X-Men’ producer ignites fan frenzy with new cast photo
- ↑ Marvel Drama Pilot ‘The Gifted’ From Matt Nix Gets Fox Series Order, First Teaser
- ↑ ‘The Gifted’ Won’t Cross Over With ‘X-Men’ Films, ‘Legion’